ABOUT THE ARTIST
RICHARD (DICK) SCHAEFER
Richard Schaefer is an Erie native who first became interested in “auto art” in 1988. He utilizes welding and fabricating techniques and basic automotive knowledge learned from his father. Schaefer’s Auto Art (formerly Dick’s Auto Art) is located in Erie, Pennsylvania on Hershey Road.
Schaefer’s Auto Art is home to a variety of sculptures made from automotive parts including a Bumble Bee, Spider, Rocket Ship, Automan, Two Headed Dinosaur, and more!
We're here to make you smile. :) Stop by and visit us, we would love to hear about your visit and see your smiling photos. Share them with us!
TAG US: #SchaefersAutoArt
The Schaefer family manages this website, email, and social media accounts. All content and photographs are copyrighted © Schaefer's Auto Art unless otherwise stated.
THE SCHAEFER FAMILY
1. We have been in the Erie area for over 25 years now! We’re that little hidden gem on Hershey Road but also have been featured in Ripley's Believe It Or Not “Unlock The Weird!”.
2. We are a very big "favorite" in the Geocaching world and we have people from all over the world cache here.
3. It's free and always will be to walk around and see the auto art! As Richard says, it's "just for smiles"! We hope that they make you smile like they make us smile ☺️
4. The Auto Art was created by Richard (Dick) Schaefer with a lot of help from his friends. Richard was employed at a junk yard and was able to use parts from there to create the sculptures.
5. We launched the Souvenir Shop as a way to bring the auto art into your home. We brought back the Bumblebee t-shirts that we're originally sold at "Dick's Auto Art" ice cream & hot dog shop at the entrance to the peninsula. We also have been creating new designs and products with the Auto Art in hopes to help you bring the smiles into your every day life.